From diffusing the look of fine lines to quenching our skin’s thirst to balancing our natural pH levels, a daily spritz of rose water toner is the perfect addition to your natural skincare routine.
I’m not going to bury the lead – after rotating through different rose water toners over the years, I can confidently say that the Heritage Store Rosewater & Glycerin Hydrating Facial Mist, is the perfect match for me. I’d recommend this high-quality yet affordable product to anyone who has dry or combination skin or sensitivities to harsh ingredients or artificial fragrances.
But, hey, if you’d like to try out a few different rose water toners before settling on one, there are plenty of great ones out there.
So I’ve included a brief review of 3 additional best rose water options that plenty of other natural beauty enthusiasts swear by.
Let’s get started and find the best rose facial spray for you!
My Review Of (Or How I Fell In Love With) Heritage Store Rosewater & Glycerin Hydrating Facial Mist
Why does this particular rose water facial toner stand out in the crowd, and why do I exclusively use it for all of my toner needs? Let me elaborate.
Firstly, it’s all about the value. This toner is priced affordably, making it accessible to everyone. But don’t let the great price fool you – a single bottle of this rose water toner is designed to last. My 12-ounce rose water toner bottle lasted me over 6 months, which was a steal for a toner that costs less than $15.
That means more bang for your buck and less worry about running out.
The design of the spray nozzle deserves special mention. It creates a fine and even mist that ensures perfect application every time. No large droplets or uneven distribution – just a gentle, refreshing mist that covers your face evenly.
Now, let’s talk about the sensory experience. The smell of this rose water toner is divine. It’s like stepping into a blooming rose garden every time you use it. However, the scent is relatively subtle; strong enough to be refreshing but not triggering to my sensitive nose.
The texture of this toner is incredibly light and soothing – it feels like I’m giving my skin a hug every time I use it. Not to mention that my skin tends to feel firmer, smoother, and more hydrated after use.
Here’s How I Incorporate This Toner Into My Skincare Routine:
While I’m sure there are 10x more uses for this fantastic product, here are the main ways I’ve made use of it:
- Underneath Coconut Oil: I love using this rose water spray under a thin layer of coconut oil. It helps to seal in the moisture and leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated.
- Under Lightweight Moisturizer: If you have less dry skin, you might prefer to use it under your regular lightweight moisturizer. It adds an extra layer of hydration without feeling heavy.
- Setting Makeup: This toner is also my secret weapon for setting makeup. A quick spritz after applying makeup helps to eliminate any cakey or unblended spots, giving my makeup a more natural, flawless finish.
- Soothing Spray When Sick: When I’m not feeling well, this toner provides gentle moisturization that doesn’t irritate my skin.
- Boosting Radiance: On days when I’m feeling a bit dull or tired (or, um…hungover), I massage this spray into my skin with a Gua Sha tool. It helps to reduce inflammation and promote lymphatic drainage, giving my skin a healthy, radiant glow.
Why I Adore Heritage Store Rosewater Spray’s Inclusion of Glycerin
There’s something special about the Heritage Store Rosewater Spray that makes it a standout in my skincare routine – it’s the addition of glycerin. This simple ingredient packs a powerful punch when it comes to skin benefits.
Here’s why I’m a big fan of glycerin:
- Hydrates the Skin: Glycerin works wonders in hydrating the outer layer of the skin, known as the stratum corneum. It’s like giving your skin a refreshing drink of water.
- Improves Skin Barrier Function: A healthy skin barrier is essential for glowing skin. Glycerin helps to strengthen this barrier, protecting your skin from environmental stressors.
- Provides Protection Against Irritants: Speaking of protection, glycerin forms a shield against skin irritants, keeping your skin safe and sound.
- Accelerates Wound Healing: If you’ve got a minor cut or scrape, glycerin can help speed up the healing process. That’s pretty handy!
- Relieves Dry Skin: Dry skin can be uncomfortable and unsightly. Glycerin provides much-needed relief, leaving your skin feeling soft and smooth.
- May Help with Psoriasis: While more research is needed, some studies suggest that glycerin could help manage psoriasis symptoms.
In short, glycerin is a skincare superstar, and its presence in the Heritage Store Rosewater Spray is a big win in my book!
3 Best Rose Water Spray Alternatives
Now that I’ve given it my all to explain why I love the Heritage Store Rosewater Spray, let’s take a look at 3 other top picks of rose water toners that will make you look and feel like a million bucks.
Garnier Rose Water Toner: A Refreshing Option for Sensitive Skin
The Garnier Rose Water Toner is a popular skincare item that’s been creating quite a buzz. This toner, infused with rose water, salicylic acid, and glycerin, is known to moisturize the skin instantly. Although the exact percentage of glycerin isn’t specified, its presence in the ingredients list suggests a significant role.
This product is as versatile as it is effective, serving as a moisturizer, primer, setting spray, and refreshing mist. It’s also suitable for sensitive skin and doesn’t require rinsing off, making it a convenient addition to any skincare routine.
In addition to this rose water toner, Garnier offers a range of moisturizers tailored to various skin needs, all part of their SkinActive line. They are committed to sustainability and cruelty-free practices, which is reflected in their recognition from Cruelty Free International.
And for those who prefer their skincare lightly scented, the faint, non-lingering rose scent is a delightful bonus. All in all, it’s clear why the Garnier Rose Water Toner has garnered such a following.
Urban Botanics Rose Water: Best for Acne-Prone and Oily Skin
UrbanBotanics’ Steam Distilled Rose Water is a standout in skincare. As a facial toner and cleanser, it’s steam distilled, making it pure and potent. One spritz leaves skin softer, glowing, and radiant.
What sets this product apart? It’s:
- 100% pure
- Maintains skin’s pH balance
- Soothes irritation
- Is free from chemicals, preservatives, and additives
- It’s not tested on animals.
The packaging is sleek, sturdy, and travel-friendly. The texture is runny and light, with an authentic rose fragrance that evolves over time due to the absence of chemical stabilizers.
Performance-wise, it’s an effective toner, especially for oily skin, and doubles as a refreshing face mist when refrigerated. Regular use noticeably improves skin texture.
Mario Badescu Facial Spray: Extra Soothing Sun Protection With Aloe
As someone always on the hunt for products that can bring balance and moisture to my skin, I was thrilled to stumble upon Mario Badescu’s Facial Spray.
First off, let’s talk about the scent. The aroma of thyme is simply enchanting. It’s herbaceous, slightly minty, and incredibly refreshing. But the fragrance isn’t just there for enjoyment; it has a purpose. Thyme is known for its clarifying properties, making this spray a fantastic pick-me-up for your skin.
And on those warm nights when you need something to cool you down? Reach for this facial spray. A quick spray before bed leaves me feeling refreshed and relaxed, ready for a good night’s sleep.
The Mario Badescu Facial Spray is formulated with aloe, herbs, and rose water, making it suitable for all skin types. It hydrates, rejuvenates, and clarifies, all in one quick spray.
Science Behind the Benefits of Rose Water
Now, it’s important to give a bit of space to talk about what science says about the benefits of rosewater spray. We’ve been cultivating and making products out of roses for over 5,000 years, but in recent times, science has helped to back up the traditional healing benefits of roses.
Here are some study-supported facts about this powerful plant:
- These discoveries suggest that rose oil might have a chill-out effect, giving us a reason to use it in aromatherapy to help folks deal with depression and stress.
- This study demonstrated that different components from rose flowers exhibited antioxidant activity.
- These findings suggest that rose water has a potential effect to inhibit skin inflammation caused by microbes.
In addition to these studies, there is plenty of anecdotal evidence to suggest that rose water can act as a natural anti-aging agent, nourish the skin, and soothe redness. All of which make it an invaluable part of any natural skincare routine.
FAQs: Rose Water 101
Have a few lingering questions about rose water? Here are some common FAQs to help you out.
Can Rose water work for different skin types?
Yes! Rose water is suitable for all skin types, including oily skin and sensitive skin. Pay attention to the additional ingredients as well as the water source to determine that the product is right for your complexion.
What’s the difference between rose water toner & rosewater facial spray?
A rose water toner usually contains a mix of rose water and other ingredients, such as glycerin, witch hazel or aloe vera. A facial spray will generally only contain plain rose water.
How often should I use a rosewater spray?
It’s best to use it twice daily – once in the morning and once at night. You can also use it as needed throughout the day if your skin is feeling dry or irritated. Just make sure to let your skin breathe between applications!
What are the disadvantages of using rose water on face?
If you are allergic to roses, it is best to avoid rose water entirely. Additionally, be sure to read the ingredient list carefully – if a product contains synthetic fragrances or essential oils that can irritate your skin, it’s better to stay away from it.
If you’re having a reaction from any facial care products you’re using, here are 11 natural remedies for allergies.
What additional products can be used with a rosewater spray?
Rose water spray works well with other hydrating and nourishing skincare products, such as coconut oil, serums or lightweight moisturizers. Pair your products with a natural body wash for a complete skincare routine.
Final Thoughts Best Rose Toner Selections
Whether your rose comes delivered in an essential oil product, a face cream, or a spray bottle, rose water is an invaluable part of any skincare routine. And the brands mentioned above all offer great selections for you to choose from.
Best of all, they’re all made by reputable brands at affordable prices, so it’s easier to shop around and find the best version for you without spending what you would on designer skincare.
That’s the benefit of using sustainable and natural ingredients – you save money and get all the benefits. For me, Heritage Store Rosewater Spray is my go-to choice for a daily spritz of moisture and love.
Do you have a favorite rose water spray? Share your experiences in the comments section below! I’m always eager to hear about other people’s skincare routines.