Gardening enthusiasts know that having the right tools is half the battle when it comes to maintaining a beautiful and bountiful garden.
And if you’ve ever found yourself struggling to carry heavy bags of soil, plants, or tools from one end of your garden to the other, then you know just how important a high-quality garden cart can be.
Enter the best garden carts on the market! These handy helpers are designed to make gardening tasks easier and more efficient than ever before.
So if you’re ready to take your gardening game to the next level, keep reading to discover our top picks for the best garden carts out there.
1. Gorilla Carts GOR400-COM Steel Garden Cart: Best Durable Lightweight Construction
Are you looking for a reliable cart for lugging large loads without throwing out your back or huffing and puffing? Then you should try out the Gorilla Carts GOR400-COM Steel Garden Cart.
The Gorilla Carts GOR400-COM Steel Garden Cart boasts an 18-inch wide and 34-inch long steel mesh bed, accompanied by four sturdy pneumatic tires.
This innovative design ensures a solid framework and allows for smooth mobility, sturdiness, and efficient clearance of a vast area. The pneumatic tires make for easy movement on uneven surfaces.
Here are the practical features that the Gorilla Carts GOR400-COM Steel Garden Cart offers:
- Side panels can be removed to accommodate heavier items
- Padded handles allow for easy pulling of up to 400 pounds with comfort
- Comes with a 1-year warranty for the buyer’s peace of mind.
Moreover, the Gorilla Carts GOR400-COM can be assembled quickly and easily, making it a convenient option for gardeners who need a simple and quick setup for their homesteading needs.
- Has sturdy and reliable construction
- Has padded handles to provide a comfortable experience
- Removable side panels allow easy handling of larger loads
- Some users report that it can be difficult to handle when fully loaded
2. VIVOHOME Heavy-Duty Mesh Steel Garden Cart: Best Garden Cart for Heavy Loads
Don’t let hauling heavy loads in the scorching summer heat drain your energy and leave you feeling exhausted and frustrated. After just a few hours of gardening and lugging around heavy tools and supplies, your shoulders can ache and your motivation can dwindle.
But fear not, the VIVOHOME Heavy-Duty Steel Garden Cart is here to save the garden activities of the day.
Let’s see what distinctive features this garden cart has:
- Allows you to fill a maximum load of 1,100 lbs
- Includes an iron mesh bed with sturdy hinges, firm welding, and anti-rust properties
- Flexible handles enabling effortless maneuverability
With the VIVOHOME heavy-duty steel garden cart, you can easily transport heavy loads with ease and convenience, no matter where you need to go.
The cart’s pneumatic tires add further value with their excellent elasticity, shock absorption, and noise reduction capabilities. Additionally, the mesh sides are fully removable, allowing you to load and unload bulky items with ease.
- Is tough enough to carry heavy loads easily
- Has 180° handles allowing you to move it easily in all directions
- Comes with large tires with good flexibility, impact resistance, and noise-reducing qualities
- Reviews suggest that it may not be able to carry the max weight of 1100 lbs.
3. Marathon Yard Rover Garden Cart: Best Wheelbarrow-Style Cart
Make transporting heavy loads in your garden a breeze with the Marathon Yard Rover Garden Cart. Here’s what it offers:
- Two air-filled tires with loop handles for easy movement
- 25% lighter than typical wheelbarrows and garden carts
- Anti-rust tray made of lightweight, durable polypropylene material
- Two-wheel design with a 300-pound weight capacity
- Quick and easy assembly in a few minutes with a wench and screwdriver
This is a great option for those looking for an easy-to-use, lightweight garden cart.
The two air-filled tires offer great stability and maneuverability. The anti-rust tray is also very helpful as it prolongs the lifetime of the cart.
However, buyers should keep in mind that this might not be suitable for heavy loads. Stick to using it for daily activities like moving gardening supplies and carrying fertilizer and potting soil to different areas of your porch or yard.
- Includes rust-resistant tray enhancing its lifetime
- Is 25% lighter than any normal wheelbarrow
- Air-filled tires and loop handles make the moving and dumping of anything easy
- Might not be sturdy enough to carry heavy loads
4. Pure Garden Cart Utility Wagon: Best Multi-Purpose Cart
If you’re looking for a versatile, multi-functioning garden cart, then you need to check out the Garden Cart Utility Wagon. This nifty cart doubles as a scooter and storage unit, making it a must-have for anyone who loves to spend time tending to their garden.
Here are its top features and benefits:
- The Garden Cart Utility Wagon contains a lid that doubles as a seat, providing comfort while gardening and giving you a place to rest during long tasks.
- The cart is designed to move through tall grass, over rocks, and around the garden with ease, making it a great option for all terrains.
- Large 2-inch wide wheels make maneuverability easy, allowing you to transport your tools and supplies quickly and efficiently.
In addition to this, it comes with a removable lid so that you can put anything in its spacious interior and maximize the garden cart’s space capacity.
Don’t settle for a basic garden cart when you can have the best of both worlds with the Garden Cart Utility Wagon by Pure Garden. Whether you’re clearing out weeds, planting new seeds, adding fertilizer, or harvesting crops, this cart has got you covered with comfort and convenience.
- Acts as storage space and scooter for multi-use options
- Large wheels and built-in handles make mobility easy
- Has a sturdy gardening seat to make planting and gardening easy
- Storage space is not enough compared to other options
5. Gorilla Carts GOR4PS Poly Garden Dump Cart: Best Dump Feature
Another great garden cart by Gorilla Carts is the Gorilla GOR4PS Poly Garden Dump Cart which can allow you to easily move your garden debris, soil, fertilizers, and other important materials.
This garden cart has four wheels with a frame made out of plastic.
Let’s see what this Gorilla cart can provide you:
- Patented dump feature allowing quick unloading
- The ability to pile up 600 pounds of load and move it
- An easy assembly, excellent maneuverability, and efficient ground clearance
It’s a 38.7 x 20-inch gorilla garden cart with padded handles so that you can easily grasp them and move the cart. The cart has an updated design that can be assembled in no time, so you can get done with your gardening tasks without wasting your precious time.
- Includes a 12-month warranty
- Padded handles to make grasping comfortable
- Rust-resistant bed with reliable pneumatic tires
- The plastic construction isn’t as sturdy as other cart materials
6. Simplay3 Easy Haul Wheelbarrow: Best Heavy-Duty Plastic Gardening Cart
Bringing your garden tools from one place to the other, then piling up the dirt and garden waste, and then moving it to the dump is time taking and inconvenient. To avoid that hassle, you can invest in the Simplay3 Easy Haul Wheelbarrow and make gardening easy.
Let’s see what makes it different from average wheelbarrows:
- It has a double plastic wall that saves it from bending and rusting
- Comes with deep storage making it spacious enough to fulfill your needs
- Consists of a storage tray for your equipment, plants, and other things
Furthermore, the Simplay3 Easy Haul garden cart has two large wheels that are designed for bumps, lumps, rocks, and holes in the yard. They can be easily rolled, turned, and pivoted when needed for easy access. Its smooth handles made it easy to maneuver around your garden.
- Has double wall construction of plastic to endure heavy load
- Is deep with a flat floor to maximize utilization
- Can even withstand winters
- Heavy stuff can’t be stacked too high in this cart
7. VEVOR Steel Garden Cart: Best Flatbed Cart
The last heavy-duty Garden Cart that can prove advantageous for you is the VEVOR Steel garden cart. It is made of a steel frame along with an iron mesh frame. It is 34 inches long and 18 inches wide allowing the weight holding capacity of 500 pounds.
Other than this, this cart:
- Can be turned into a flatbed to accommodate heavy loads
- Has 10-inch tires that make the cart stable, secure, noise-reducing, and shock-absorptive
- Includes padded rotational handles to allow smooth mobility
- Features a 180-degree rotating handle
So, you can bring this cart anywhere on rough roads thanks to its ten tires, use it in any weather, and will still find it reliable enough to use for a long time. Plus, this garden cart can easily be converted into a flatbed with its removable mesh sides.
- Can be easily taken on rough roads without fear of breaking
- Can withstand all weather conditions
- Has flexible handles to control directions
- The most common issue with the VEVOR Steel Garden cart is the flat tires
So, Which Garden Cart is Best for Your Garden?
While the best garden cart depends on your requirements and garden size, I recommend the Gorilla Carts GOR400-COM Steel Garden Cart which offers a sufficient load-carrying capacity of 400 lbs. making it ideal for any gardener. It has a sturdy and reliable construction which makes it durable enough to carry heavy loads while you organize your garden, clean up, and more.
Garden Cart Comparison Chart
|Gorilla Carts GOR400-COM Steel Garden Cart||Stainless Steel||40.6″D x 18″W x 37″H||37.5 pounds||400 lbs.||$$|
|VIVOHOME Heavy-Duty Mesh Steel Garden Cart||Alloy Steel||38.19″D x 20.86″W x 9.8″H||38.4 pounds||880 lbs.||$$$|
|Marathon Yard Rover Garden Cart||Polypropylene||53.5″D x 55″W x 27.5″H||25 pounds||300 lbs.||$|
|Pure Garden Cart Utility Wagon||Polypropylene and Metal||10″D x 21.5″W x 11.5″H||6 pounds||220 lbs.||$|
|Gorilla Carts GOR4PS Poly Garden Dump Cart||Steel||38.7″D x 20″W x 19.5″H||60.35 pounds||600 lbs.||$$|
|Simplay3 Easy Haul Wheelbarrow||Plastic||46.25″D x 31.25″W x 23″H||23.9 pounds||250 lbs.||$$|
|VEVOR Steel Garden Cart||Metal and Steel||34″D x 18″W x 20″H||37 pounds||500 lbs.||$$|
How do I choose a garden cart?
When choosing a garden cart, the most important thing to consider is its capacity. Determine the size of your garden and analyze how much load you will need to carry when maintaining it. Furthermore, you should also check out the type of wheel, bed material, durability, and material type when choosing a garden cart.
What is the purpose of the garden cart?
The purpose of a garden cart is to move gardening materials, such as fertilizers, plants, mulch, tools, trash, soil, gravel, compost, and even sand. Garden carts come in handy for gardeners as well as homeowners who need to carry heavy loads around their gardens or property conveniently.
Homesteaders and gardeners that suffer from chronic pain such as arthritis, carpal tunnel, and back issues can accomplish much more with the help of garden carts.
What are the different types of garden carts?
Garden carts are basically categorized into five types:
- Wheelbarrow: Wheelbarrows are typically smaller in size, and have a single wheel with two supporting legs.
- Utility wagons: Utility wagons are designed to carry heavy materials and have four casters for stability.
- Flatbeds: Flatbeds are for easy transportation of even heavier and bulkier loads.
- Dump carts: A dump cart is designed for easy tilting and often comes with a bottom opening for easy emptying of contents.
- Foldable carts: Also, known as collapsible carts, foldable carts have an easy folding design for convenient storage after use.
The Bottom Line: The Best Garden Carts for Your Homestead
Garden carts can be a great addition to your homestead, helping you carry heavy loads with ease and make the most out of your garden. Consider the size of your garden, and the number of materials you will need to move from one area to another, and then invest in a quality cart that fits your needs.
Usually, investing in a sturdy garden cart designed by a reputable manufacturer will save you money and make your gardening life in the long run, so be sure to pick the best one for your many plant-friendly projects in the pipeline.